Opiate Addiction Recovery Supplement Kit
Some of the most commonly abused opiates and opioid drugs and medications include:
- Codeine (commonly found in cough syrups)
Follow the supplementation schedule outlined below for best results (links are to product pages for items we recommend for optimum success with treating an opiate addiction):
Morning (between 7am and 10am) –
- Mucuna pruriens – 1500mg
- NAC (N-acetyl cysteine) – 1000mg
- Kava Kava – 1000mg
- L-theanine – Take as needed to relieve anxiety
- Akuamma – The seeds of this African plant can behave similarly to opioid drugs in the body when taken in a high enough dose. Take up to 6000mg per day (do not exceed this dosage). The plant can help reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms for recovering opioid addicts.
- 5-HTP – Recovering opioid addicts tend to have very low amounts of serotonin in their brains, which makes a 5-HTP supplement very useful. Take 100mg every 4 hours. ***
- Semax (ideally should be used with Selank; take in the morning or early afternoon)
- Selank (best used in combination with Semax; take in the morning or early afternoon)
DO NOT COMBINE 5-HTP WITH HALLUCINOGENS, ANTIDEPRESSANT MEDICATIONS, METHAMPHETAMINES, OR OTHER PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS OR STREET DRUGS. Combining 5-HTP with certain drugs (specifically SSRI medications, MAOI’s or amphetamine drugs) can lead to Serotonin Syndrome. Wait at least 2 weeks after taking one of these drugs/medications before taking 5-HTP. If you feel like you may relapse, wait to take these supplements until you feel relatively confident about your control over your addiction.