DISCLAIMER: CONSULT WITH A DOCTOR BEFORE DECIDING ON A TREATMENT PLAN FOR HASHIMOTO’S DISEASE OR ANY OTHER DISEASE OR DISORDER.
Hi again Nancy!
I just wanted to check in and see how you’re doing with COVID.
Until you get over COVID, I wouldn’t recommend that you make any big changes in your medication, of course. Not that you would do that anyway, but I just have to be clear about that, ya know…so the FDA doesn’t track me down, gag me, and duct tape me to a chair or something. But I wanted to send you some information about your prescription meds…things for you to consider as you’re getting back on your feet. Also, I just wanted to check in and make sure that you’re recovering okay from COVID (how are you doing?). I just wrote this article about NAC and COVID (also known as N-Acetyl-Cysteine and how to use it for COVID) Some doctors in the Middle East combined high-dose NAC with Methylene Blue, and Vitamin C to cure four out of five patients who were dying and not responding to other treatments. In other words, doctors were able to use NAC (which thins mucus and also promotes general lung health) with Methylene Blue (another over-the-counter medication), and high dose vitamin C to cure COVID cases that didn’t respond even to the prescription pharmaceuticals. I link to the the article that was written by these Middle Eastern doctors in the article above.
TOPROL AND THOUGHTS ON YOUR THYROID PROBLEMS:
I did some research on the drugs you’re taking to see how they might be affecting your overall health. Below is some information to consider in regard to Hashimoto’s Disease and how Toprol might affect your thyroid functioning:
Here’s a link to an article I wrote about how to stop taking high blood pressure medication: https://alivenhealthy.com/2020/12/16/how-to-stop-taking-high-blood-pressure-medication/
OXYBUTNIN AND THOUGHTS ON BLADDER ISSUES:
For many years, I had bladder infections chronically. Sometimes I’d go to the doctor thinking I had an infection, but I didn’t. So then I got diagnosed with cystitis. A doctor in Kansas diagnosed me one day with a “serious disease” (which I don’t name because it wasn’t true) that included bladder problems as one of the symptoms. Another doctor years later diagnosed me with an STD (also not true) that he felt sure came from a cheating husband (also not true). And yet another doctor shot me full of a huge round of 3 different antibiotics that gave me diarrhea for a week in an effort to cure a bladder infection that kept coming back over and over again.
I’ve written up some things below that you could use to create a better relationship with your bladder. Getting control over your bladder is like getting control over a 3 year old…there’s a give and take and lots of learning involved for both you and your bladder. But it can be done! Be kind to your bladder. Don’t hate your bladder. Start noticing how your bladder irritation and how bladder “feelings” are related to your anxiety levels or feelings of exhaustion. And note that if you choose to learn about the things that I mention below for your bladder, you’ll use these treatments again and again…so it isn’t a wasted effort. Each bullet point is a medicine that you can use for you and your bladder, but if you or your family has other health issues, these are medicines that you can “keep in your medicine cabinet” that are widely useful in many situations ranging from cancer to addiction problems.
So I’ve had the whole “Bladder Tour” that you’re talking about. Lots of women have. But to spare you a book-length email on this topic, let me just make a bullet point list of succinct details and a few links about bladders…
- The first acupuncturist I ever went to once worked as an editor for Architecture magazine in California. She’d had chronic bladder irritation though that was horrible. She’d seen doctor after doctor and then she finally went to an acupuncturist and was cured. She changed careers as a result. So, consider some alternative therapies for your bladder issues…there are a LOT of them that could help you. This acupuncturist helped me not just with bladder issues but with general health. She was a life-saver for us.
- There are some exercises and something called a “yoni egg” that can sometimes be used to get the bladder and pelvic floor muscles to start working properly. A lot of women who experience childbirth-related injuries use yoni eggs instead of having their doctors poke and prod around on them doing surgery and whatnot with questionable treatments. So, for you, it might be to use a yoni egg to tone bladder muscles if you decide to quit taking the Oxybutnin. It would be a process and I always tell people—healing never proceeds in a straight line from point A to point B. But just tuck that information away that there are a lot of women out there who experience birth injuries who use yoni eggs to get their lives back. Women have a special set of issues to contend with in terms of conventional medicine and it’s important to realize that you’re not alone with your bladder issues.
- I had UTIs and chronic bladder irritation as a result of drinking WAY too much coffee. It took some fairly major health issues for me to tune into this problem. Not drinking coffee can be hard if you’re tired all the time, though right? If you drink coffee, below are some things you could do to naturally boost your mood and your energy levels:
- Take or use the Mucuna pruriens bean…this bean can be added to soups if you have it in powder form. John and I eat Mucuna bean burgers sometimes. You can grow Mucuna bean in your garden. Or you can take it as a pill. It boosts your mood and your energy levels but without making you feel jittery. It’s good for your brain and it helps you think and remember things. It will also help boost your digestive health which is important in that inflamed intestines can put pressure on your bladder.
- Drink green tea instead of coffee (green tea and Mucuna work well together).
- I can’t help but wonder if you have a chronic bladder infection caused by a drug-resistant microorganism that your doctor can’t treat with antibiotics. Below are things that you can use to get rid of a urinary tract infection caused by a drug-resistant bacteria or other type of microorganisms. Below are some things that you can use against drug-resistant bacteria, etc.
- Use DMSO for Bladder Problems: Take No Odor DMSO (only if you aren’t taking prescription meds–DMSO can increase the strength of your prescription medication)…use No Odor DMSO and drink quite a lot of it every day (maybe 100-300 drops 3 times a day + whenever you feel bladder irritation). About 40% of the DMSO that you would drink ends up in the bladder. DMSO was originally FDA approved for use in pregnant women with bladder irritation (which just demonstrates the non-toxicity and safety level of this medication). Doctors put a catheter into the bladder of the pregnant woman and then inject the DMSO directly into the bladder, but it’s MUCH EASIER and SAFER and LESS IRRITATING TO AN ALREADY IRRITATED BLADDER to just accomplish the same thing at home by drinking water with DMSO in it because a lot of the DMSO you drink by mouth goes through the kidneys and ends up in the bladder.
- Candida albicans/yeast infection can cause bladder irritation. Read this article for information on how to cure Candida (our whole family had Candida and we cured it using the things in the article above). You may not think you have a vaginal yeast infection. And maybe you don’t. Yeast also live in the intestines. And in women, the anus, vagina, and urethra (where urine leaves the body) are all within inches of each other. As a result, if you have a yeast infection in your intestines or in your vagina, chances are, the yeast will also set up shop in your urethra and eventually find their way into the bladder. DMSO can help with this problem, but there are a number of natural treatments you can use to cure systemic yeast infections. Yeast is a funny little organism. It exists in the body in a form that’s totally harmless…like a good friend in fact, who brings you soup when you’re sick. But it can change into a different form under certain conditions, particularly if your body becomes too acidic (like what happened to me when I drank too much coffee every day). Then, this “friend” becomes two-faced…it turns into what’s called Hyphal Candida and it becomes this thing that creates roots that burrow into the intestines and the vagina and the bladder and…wherever it can get a foothold. It changes into something that turns your own body against you. We’ve all had “friends” like that, right? Often, women will use those over-the-counter vaginal yeast infection products and they suddenly stop working. They stop working because Hyphal Yeast is more sophisticated than any medication contained in a 1-day or 7-day treatment. So you may have Hyphal Candida in your bladder. And DMSO could help you get rid of it, but high pH therapy is another option for you that I want to mention (see next bullet point)…
- Baking Soda or Cesium Therapy (High pH Therapy)…Since your doctor is checking you for cancer, you have bladder irritation, COVID, and you may have a yeast infection a variety of health issues happening all at once…you might want to consider doing Baking Soda or Cesium Therapy. Cesium Therapy is one of the most powerful anti-cancer treatments out there. It works on cancers throughout the body and it works quickly (within a few days, usually). To do Cesium Therapy, you’d want to order Cesium from The Wolfe Clinic. Consider contacting the Wolfe Clinic for guidance on how to use Cesium. An alternative to Cesium Therapy is baking soda therapy. Some people choose to use baking soda rather than Cesium because they’re scared of Cesium. Here’s a link to an article about how to do baking soda therapy. Baking soda was the first thing we used on John’s melanoma before the other stuff we’d ordered arrived. Within 3 days, the melanoma dried up and fell off…so, it works. Baking soda therapy is good for the kidneys and you might find that your bladder feels a little better when you’re doing this type of treatment. Indeed, the higher pH that happens throughout your body when you drink baking soda water (or Cesium Chloride) can get rid of Hyphal Candida. It can get rid of cancer. It can cause your health to generally get better following a period of detoxification (which can be uncomfortable at times—if you decide to do this treatment, let me know so I can prep you for that).
- Adhesions: Because you’ve had back surgery (and other surgeries throughout your life?), you probably have adhesions. Adhesions are basically scar tissues that grow into your body after surgery. Let me explain: just under the skin and over the top of muscles is this tissue that we call Connective Tissue. It’s a very tough, translucent tissue that covers literally everything in your body. All muscles and organs are wrapped in this tough, translucent tissue. And then, the whole body is also wrapped in this tissue. It’s like…under your skin and over your muscles, you have this “onesie” of connective tissue that goes from head to toe. It goes from the tips of your toes to the tips of your fingers and it runs over and through EVERYTHING in your body. When you have surgery, doctors cut through this connective tissue. And when doctors sew up your incision and then you heal from surgery, often the connective tissue “onesie” is just a little askew. So…you can imagine what it would be like if you had to wear around a super tight Nancy-sized, form-fitted onesie all day and all night and how…if someone took that onesie and cut a hole in it and then…sewed it back up again in a few different places how…the onesie would get pretty uncomfortable. A hole that’s been sewn up in the back could pull on your arm, even down to your fingertips. A hole that’s been sewn up in the neck or the chest might pull funny down at your feet. And now…imagine that in addition to this “pulling” caused by surgery…the connective tissue might sometimes “overgrow” into the organs or the muscles around the incision and cause additional pulling and shifting. These “adhesions” could even change the location and positioning of organs causing bladder problems where no bladder problems were present before. They could pull at your thyroid gland and cause reduced blood flow to this gland or to other organs in the body There’s a whole system of medicine known as Visceral Medicine that seeks to put organs back where they belong. There are Rolfer’s who work with connective tissue. Castor Oil and DMSO can be applied to the outside of the body over incisions to soften adhesions and promote stretching of the connective tissue. Acupuncturists also work with the meridians in the connective tissue. So if this is part of your issue (it likely is) in regard to your bladder problems, there are ways to work with and overcome this problem.
I did some research on GABAPENTIN and how this drug can affect the thyroid gland and I was able to find some interesting articles:
The article below talks about a link between Gabapentin and hypothyroidism/Hashimotos’:
You could talk about this study with your doctors and show them the study to substantiate a case against using gabapentin for your nerve pain.
Rather than taking gabapentin for nerve pain due to your surgery, I would highly HIGHLY recommend seeking out a neural therapist to help you in general with not only your nerve pain but also your thyroid issues. Neural therapy uses only injections of procaine (related to lidocaine—the numbing solution used at the dentist´s office) to permanently get rid of nerve pain. Though both procaine and lidocaine are widely used for anesthesia during surgery and dental procedures (procaine isn’t used much for numbing anymore because it only numbs things for about 20 minutes), there’s another medicinal action that isn’t as widely known, in part because it’s rather miraculous and it would put Big Pharma out of business. Procaine has the ability to make pain-sensing nerves stop firing all the time. It works by increasing blood flow to areas of the body (especially areas that have gotten surgery) that have been cut off from the blood supply due to pain. Procaine stabilizes the Sympathetic Nervous System and…anyway…it’s been around for a long time (over a hundred years?) and it’s truly incredible. It’s very possible that a Neural Therapy doctor could help get the blood supply going back to your bladder and your thyroid gland too to improve those conditions substantially. Neural therapy often helps with pain from adhesions.
FINAL THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Your health issues are all located along your spine–your bladder, the spine itself, and then your thyroid in the neck region (which is thought provoking and worth noting).
Other Important Links: